If you think that 30-35 degrees is hot, you should definitely plan to visit Thailand winter months as this is the coolest and most tourist-friendly season.
£763pp may sound like a lot of money, but let me just explain what that will get you.
- Return Flights from Manchester to Phuket, with one stop in Abu Dhabi (Etihad Airlines)
- 9 nights in a 5* Resort with it’s own private beach
With my saving tips, this will drop to £731pp. Give it a look.
Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort and Spa
This Suratthani resort is on a private beach on Thong Nai Pan Bay, just under 1 mile from Thong Nai Pan Yai Beach.
Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa features it’s own private beach, and a 1,200-meter waterfront outdoor pool. Fitness equipment and Gym access is available. Boasting over 18 acres of lush tropical forests, the Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa provides the ultimate getaway.
Ayurvana Spa offers indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, reflexology, massage, and facials.
Breakfast (which is included) is served daily, from 7 AM to 10:30 AM. Other on-site dining options include 2 restaurants and a beachfront bar and café. Complimentary wi-fi is also included within the rate.
The resort offers airport car transfers and speed boat transfers at scheduled times (10:30 AM, 1:30 PM, and 5 PM from the Royal Phuket Marina to Santhiya, returning at 9:00 AM, noon, and 3 PM daily) for a surcharge.
- Private transfers on request are also available.
- The above schedule may change subject to flight arrival times or weather and sea conditions.
- Prior notice is required for ferry terminal shuttle
You have a few options in terms of the rooms available, many reviewers have encouraged opting for a villa suite where you benefit from your own private pool, but there is an obvious cost increase.
Guestrooms at Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa include hardwood floors and traditional Thai decor and furnishings. All Bathrooms provide hair dryers, bathrobes, slippers, and separate bathtubs and showers.
Turndown service is provided daily. Bottled water is complimentary, and guestrooms provide minibars, refrigerators, and coffee/tea makers as well as laptop-compatible in-room safes. Flat-panel TVs come with satellite service, free movie channels, and DVD players, and wireless Internet access is complimentary.Rollaway beds are available.
Santhiya Deluxe Room – £486 (Limited time only!)
All Deluxe rooms come complete with private terrace / balcony and stunning views. Entertainment and amenities features: free wi-fi, flat-screen TV with satellite channels, refrigerator, mini-bar and coffee/tea maker.
As in all of the rooms in the Resort, you will benefit from a private bathroom (complete with bathrobes) and blackout curtains.
Santhiya Supreme Double – £599 (Limited time only!)
Same as above, except this time you are guaranteed a 517-sq-foot (48-sq-meter) room with sea views. The balcony also looks that bit bigger.
Santhiya Hideaway Pool Villa Suite – £806 (Limited time only!)
This amazing villa suite is 1238-sq-foot (115-sq-meter) room with garden views. With your own private pool, what else could you possibly need? If you are looking for something that feels completely private, this may be the option for you.
Santhiya Grand Villa Suite – £1,035 (Limited time only!)
The Grand Villa suite, 1615-sq-foot (150-sq-meter) room with garden views; this time looses the private pool, but does have two king-size beds meaning your costs could be split. If you had four adults sharing, this resort stay suddenly drops to £260 per person, or £28.75pppn.
Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite – £1,061 (Limited time only!)
The Sea View Pool Villa suite is 1238-sq-foot (115-sq-meter) room with sea views; and once again is just for two to share. Yes that is a bath tub you see sitting as part of the pool.
- Haad Salad Beach, Haad Yuan Beach, and Ban Chalok Beach are within 6.2 miles.
- Samui Airport is 60 minutes by car, while Ta Sala Pier, Haad Rin, and Tesco Lotus are 45 minutes.
- Ko Tao is a 90-minute boat ride away.
Flights are based on flying Economy Class with Etihad Airlines.
Manchester – Abu Dhabi – Phuket
Flights EY22 | EY430
Depart: Sunday 6th December (19:15)
Connection: Monday 7th December (06:40), departing Abu Dhabi Airport 08:45
Arrival: 18:20 Phuket Airport, Thailand.
Phuket – Abu Dhabi – Manchester
Flights EY431| EY15
Depart: Sunday 6th December (20:20)
Connection: Wednesday 16th December (00:20), departing Abu Dhabi Airport 02:20
Arrival: 06:40 Manchester Airport.
*Costs based on two flying.
There are a few key things if you think this getaway is for you:
- Transfers via Speedboat are charged at an additional fee ~ £25per person each way. According to the reviews though, this is worth the extra money to save you the time.
- The resort is on a B&B basis with a number of restaurants on site. By walking along the beach 10-15 minutes you can also visit local bars and restaurants which may be cheaper.
- Local Resort Fee / Tax will be charged on arrival or check-out of the hotel. This equates to just over £100 for the duration of the stay.
- Eagle eyed individuals will notice that this is a 10nt trip, with only 9nts at the resort. 1 Night will be spent on the plane from Manchester to Abu Dhabi.